Didn’t get an opportunity to stop by the Archaia booth at Image Expo or WonderCon? Did you stop by, but forgot to pick up that book you’ve always wanted? Do you just want another chance to hang out with cool Archaia people?
Never fear! Archaia will be exhibiting THIS weekend (March 30 – April 1) at Emerald City Comicon in Seattle, WA. Stop by BOOTH 408, say “hi” to the crew, and pick up that title you’ve always wanted!
If that’s not enough motivation to come visit, here is the all-star list of Archaia creators scheduled to attend:
- Brian Churilla, co-writer/artist, The Engineer
- Chandra Free, writer/artist, The God Machine; artist, Fraggle Rock, Conspiracy of the Planet
of the Apes
- Colleen Coover, writer/artist, Jim Henson’s The Storyteller
- David Petersen, writer/artist, Mouse Guard
- Dennis Calero, artist, Immortals: Gods and Heroes, Jim Henson’s The Storyteller
- Drew Gaska, writer, Conspiracy of the Planet of the Apes, Critical Millennium
- Evan Shaner, artist, Jim Henson’s The Storyteller
- Jake Myler, artist, Fraggle Rock
- Jeff Parker, writer, Immortals: Gods and Heroes, Jim Henson’s The Storyteller
- Jeremy Shepherd, co-writer/colorist, The Engineer
- Ramón K. Pérez, artist, Jim Henson’s Tale of Sand
- Royden Lepp, artist/writer, Rust
- Sam Humphries, writer, Fraggle Rock
- Tim Seeley, writer, Moon Lake
Still not motivated? Archaia will be participating in two great panels on Saturday, March 31:
- Making Hawken: Indie Developer Keeping It Real and Delivering Big for Fans
Room: TCC 102
Time: 12:00 – 1:00 p.m.
Independent video game developer Adhesive Games and their publisher, locally based Meteor Entertainment, are joined by their graphic novel and comic publisher partner Archaia to share with you how you can keep the DIY spirit alive! Subjects include “Create without compromise” and deliver big with the help of dedicated partners and a collaborative transmedia strategy or the brand. Participants will include: Mark Long, CEO Meteor Entertainment and Transmedia specialist; Khang Le, Co-Founder, CEO and Creative Director of Adhesive Games…and mind behind HAWKEN; Paula Cuneo, VP Transmedia Marketing and Promotions, Meteor Entertainment; Melissa Dingmon, Social Media Manager, Meteor Entertainment; Joe LeFavi, Quitxotic Transmedia; and Mike Kennedy, Publisher, Archaia.
Archaia Presents: How to Create a Great Graphic Novel
Time: 2:00 – 3:00 p.m.
With recent titles like Rust: Visitor in the Field and Jim Henson’s Tale of Sand joining books like Mouse Guard and Return of the Dapper Men in Archaia’s tradition of producing great graphic novels, this panel will provide aspiring storytellers pointers and advice on what goes into creating a great tale, from world-building to character development to how to put together an effective pitch to a publisher. Examples will be given in the slate of titles we have coming up in 2012, with insight coming from established creator David Petersen (Mouse Guard) and up-and-coming talents Ramón K. Pérez (Jim Henson’s Tale of Sand)and Royden Lepp (Rust).
To buy tickets, visit the Emerald City Comicon website.