Since our founding, one of Archaia’s core missions has been to publish artful, engaging, and groundbreaking graphical literature from both new and established creators. We have historically looked for work that tests the boundaries of the graphic novel medium, and continue to do so through our Submissions Page.
Submissions for graphic novels and series are more than welcome, and we will be looking for works that enthrall and excite us, that strike us as having a unique take or perspective on a medium, story, character, or genre. While we’ve primarily published works in the adventure, fantasy, horror, pulp noir, and science fiction genres, we are interested in passion projects, works that are driven by a creator’s unique vision and voice, and so authors are invited to submit works of any genre to us.
For graphic novel and series creators, please note that Archaia does not generally put creative teams together for creator-owned titles (i.e., we do not pair writers with artists), so submissions should only be for book and series proposals that have finished art pages already available.
Please know that we will give your project the care and attention that we ourselves would hope for, but please be aware that Archaia only accepts a very small handful of projects annually. Additionally, please note that due to the high volume of submissions, not all submissions will receive a response. Initially, an email will be sent to notify you that your submission has been received. All submissions will be reviewed but not all submissions will receive a response. You will only receive an additional email if your submission is being considered for publication. If your submission is not being considered for publication, you will not receive a response. It can take up to 90 days before you receive an official response that your submission is being considered. If you do not receive a response to your submission in 90 days, your submission is not being considered and there will be no further contact regarding your submission. Please be aware that physical submissions (which we technically do not accept) will not be returned.
Thank you so very much for your interest! The creator submission is the life’s blood of our imprint; without you, we wouldn’t exist.
Archaia Submissions Team
NOTE: DUE TO THE NUMBER OF SUBMISSIONS WE RECEIVE, WE CANNOT ACCEPT ANY SCREENPLAYS, PROSE NOVELS, OR GAME DESIGNS.
Terms & Conditions
Before submitting an application, you must download the Terms & Conditions, read, sign, and attach as part of your submission. No submissions will be formerly viewed for consideration without a signed copy.
Complete Terms & Conditions
Archaia, an imprint of Boom Entertainment, Inc. having an office at 5670 Wilshire Blvd., Suite 450, Los Angeles, CA 90036-5679. I am submitting to you the following materials (“the Material”) in accordance with the following agreement:
- Submission Guidelines. I represent and warrant to you that I have read the Submission Guidelines on the website www.archaia.com/submissions and agree to the statements, terms, and conditions set forth therein. I agree that said Submission Guidelines are incorporated by reference to this agreement.
- Original Material. I represent and warrant to you, your successors, and assigns that the Material is originally created by me and that no other persons other than those who have signed this agreement have collaborated with me in creating and developing the Material.
- Submission Does NOT Constitute an Agreement. Your consideration of the Material and any negotiations between us regarding the Material shall not be deemed an admission by you of the novelty or originality of the Material.
- No Promise to Publish. I agree that your consideration of the Material does not constitute an obligation, promise, or agreement on your part to publish the Material in any format in whole or part.
- Retain a Copy. You may retain a copy of the Material and I release you from any liability for loss or damage thereto.
- Right to Use Material. I hereby grant you the right to use the Material, provided that: a) you shall first conclude an agreement with me for such use; or, b) you shall determine that you have an independent legal right to use the Material or any portion thereof which is not derived from me either because the Material is not new, novel, or original or has not been reduced to concrete form or because other persons (which may include your employees and other persons presenting materials to you) have submitted similar or identical suggestions, features, and material which you have the right to use.
- Applicable Law and Jurisdiction. This Agreement shall be construed solely under Illinois substantive law and that the exclusive jurisdiction for any dispute shall be a state or federal court located in the City of Chicago in the State of Illinois. I agree that any claim against you, your employees, officers, directors, or shareholders based on the Material must be brought the sooner of the date of any statute of limitations or no later than within one year after the date of your first publication or other relevant use of the Material.
- Attorneys’ Fees and Costs. In the event of any dispute that requires dispute resolution, the prevailing party shall be entitled to receive reimbursement from the non-prevailing party for all mediation, arbitration, and other legal costs, expenses, and fees, in addition to any other recovery or award.
- Waiver. A party’s attempted waiver, consent or authorization of any kind to any breach or default under this Agreement shall not be effective or binding upon such party unless the same is in a written instrument which such party has signed. Any such waiver, consent or authorization will be valid solely to the extent specifically set forth in such written instrument. No failure or delay on the part of either party to this Agreement to exercise any right, remedy, power or privilege shall preclude or limit any other right or further exercise of such rights or the exercise of another right, remedy, power or privilege with respect to the same or any other matter.
- Severability. If a court of competent jurisdiction holds that any one or more of this Agreement’s provisions are invalid or unenforceable in any respect, such invalidity, illegality or unenforceability shall not affect any of this Agreement’s other provisions. Any provision of this Agreement intended to survive termination, including but not limited to those related to confidentiality, non-use, ownership rights, title protection, damages, relief and such other provisions shall survive termination hereof.
- Entire Understanding and Modification. This agreement constitutes our entire understanding and my signature and the signature of any person who has collaborated with me in the creation or development of the Material shall constitute agreement to the terms and conditions set forth herein. This agreement may be changed only by a written instrument signed by you and me. This agreement also applies to any other material which I may submit to you unless it is agreed by us in writing to the contrary. The invalidity of any provision of this agreement shall not affect the remainder, which shall continue in full force and effect.