In case you haven’t heard, we won two Eisner Awards last Friday night during a ceremony held at Comic-Con International in San Diego!
First, Mouse Guard: Legends of the Guard, edited by Paul Morrissey and David Petersen, won for Best Anthology! Then, Return of the Dapper Men, written by Jim McCann and illustrated by Janet Lee, won the evening’s most prestigious award: Best Graphic Album–New (tied with Wilson by Daniel Clowes)! Congratulations to all the winners and thank you especially to all those who voted for these two fine books.
Archaia titles were nominated in several other categories, and although they didn’t win, we’d like to congratulate and recognize them here:
• Tumor, written by Joshua Hale Fialkov and illustrated by Noel Tuazon, for its nomination in the Best Graphic Album–Reprint category
• The Killer: Modus Vivendi, written by Matz and illustrated by Luc Jacamon, for its nomination in the Best U.S. Edition of International Material category.
• Jim McCann, for Best Writer
• Janet Lee, for Best Painter/Multimedia Artist (interior art)
• Return of the Dapper Men, for Best Publication for Teens
• Todd Klein (Return of the Dapper Men), for Best Publication Design
• David Petersen (Mouse Guard: Legends of the Guard), for Best Cover Artist
And special recognition to our Russ Manning Award for Most Promising Newcomer nominees, Janet Lee (Return of the Dapper Men) and David Marquez (Syndrome, Days Missing: Kestus). Congratulations to all!